Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay, so lets make a whole sentence then: "give me a neshika pussycat!" (lama? KAHA!)
    [CENTER][/CENTER][FONT="Impact"][URL="http://www.burjdubaiskyscraper.com"]BurjDubaiSkyscraper.com[/URL][/FONT]

Comment

tni li neshika,kusit
      [B][COLOR="Red"]Tel Aviv:[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="Blue"]94 approved
      48 proposed
      37 under construction [/COLOR][/B]

Comment

Regional Council moatza mehozit (מועצה מחוזית)
        I think Moatza ezorit (מועזה אזורית) is generally translated into English as Regional Council.

Comment

Ynhockey... welcome... where u from?

Comment

ynhockey add yourself to the "roll call"

http://www.skyscraperlife.com/showth...?t=1544&page=2

Comment

I need a legal translation of this sentence

lekohnim hazakaoot leshalem et Hatmorah(Hay-Touf-Mem-Vav-Rashe-Hay I need the legal translation of this word) oohchelek memenah bedollarim.

My understanding is

The buyers have the right to pay the value (payment) or any part in Dollars.

Comment

'תְּמוּרָה שֵם נ

return, compensation, exchange ; value ; change ; (syntax)
                apposition ; (law) consideration ; (mathematics) permutation ;
                בתמורה - in return, in exchange ; תמורת - in return for, for

Comment

The legal term is "consideration"

"The purchasers have the right to pay the consideration or any part thereof in Dollars."

Comment

Originally posted by Frangipani View Post
                    The legal term is "consideration"

"The purchasers have the right to pay the consideration or any part thereof in Dollars."
                    Thank you I'm in legal dispute over payments I made for the purchase of an apartment in Israel. The contract was for shekels that are to equal to dollars.

I wanted to pay in dollars and did. Now the builder has come up with a formula that credits my dollars at the new low rate and says I owe him in shekels at the old rate of 3 years ago 4.6 shekels. Jewish math now Jewish lawyers will have to work out who is right.

Comment

Good luck with it! I hope it is ruled in your favor. I am sick of people in this country using all sorts of made up dollar values for real estate deals - particularly in the middle of a deal once they realise that they're losing money. It's time everything was done in Shekels.

Comment

Originally posted by Frangipani View Post
                        Good luck with it! I hope it is ruled in your favor. I am sick of people in this country using all sorts of made up dollar values for real estate deals - particularly in the middle of a deal once they realise that they're losing money. It's time everything was done in Shekels.
                        It was a dollar linked purchase with a floor to the Representative rate at the rate at the time of purchase.

My money was in dollars and I put in the contract that I have the right to pay in dollars.

what they did is take my dollars and transfer them into shekels at the lowest rate and then re transfer them back to dollars at the higher rate (4.6 shekels) to the dollar to determine my payment. I call this Jewish math. The contract has no mention of this formula but does state that I have the right to pay the payments in dollars.

The apartment is right on the beach in Bat Yam and it is worth today much more than the original price even with the fussy math. I was shocked when they gave me the final payment. It came out to $35,000 dollars more than what was written in the contract.

Who knew in 2006 that the shekel would become such a strong currency and the dollar would fall so far.

So much for conventional wisdom. At the time of my purchase Bat Yam was considered a less desirable place to buy. I was told by many Israeli's that it isn't a good place to live. Today the there is a different attitude about Bat Yam.

Comment

It's simply greed on their part.

The purchase was dollar linked because the dollar was strong. Now that the dollar is weak, they make up their own 'dollar'.

I truly hope that if it ends up in court, the ruling will be in your favor. That should send out a resonating message.

Comment

I am taking Rosetta stone and they associate pictures with words, anyway I got stuck on two words, they showed pictures of what looked to be castles in different areas: the one being hamitzvar bamidbar and the other one was hatira. I know bamidbar is desert, but could someone define hamitzvar and hatira? Thanks for any help!
                            FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU, FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME.

Comment

hi josh

mivtzar (מבצר) is a fortress - (another word is metsuda (מצודה))
                              tira (טירה) is a castle

Comment

* pm'd you. livni
                                Last edited by Livni; 8th March 2011, 06:24.
                                [URL="http://www.skyscraperlife.com/russia/15325-moscow-projects.html"]Moscow projects[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                                X