This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shalom

Hello I am new and I would like to meet some new people and talk.

Comment

Ok no one is responding so i will pose my first question since I have never been to Tel Aviv or Israel but I am a zionist and I want to fight in the military then become an israeli citizen and live in Tel Aviv! I am an urban junkie and since i love my heritage once I found out about the Urban Tel Aviv I was so exited!So here is my first question, if Tel Aviv is so great then why does its neighbor Ramat Gan have israel's tallest building and many sky skrapers. Also why cant they make the sky scraper part of Ramat Gan part of Tel Aviv.

Comment

Hello, I am new and i just want someone to talk to me! I love Israel and Tel Aviv. Someone who is experienced and has been on this site for a long time.

Comment

Im new, hello.

Comment

shalom Israel is great

welcome abroad where are you from?

Comment

North America, finally someone to talk to on here! I was begining to think that I was an outcast. Hebrewtext can you answer my question that I posted above?

Comment

Hi Israel is great! I think the reason that no one answered you before was that most forumers here use Bar-Beret for general discussion, and few visit the 'main' Israel forum.

Anyway, to answer your question about Ramat Gan: The issue is rather complicated, and I don't think either I or Hebrewtext will be able to give you a 100% correct answer.

Basically a few decades ago the business center (CBD) of Tel Aviv was in souther-central TA, where the Shalom Meir tower is. After that everyone thought that the CBD would move closer to the sea, in an area called Manshiyya (near the Neve Tzedek neighborhood), and started developing that area. But people didn't come en-masse, because the area was horrible in terms of transportation, both private (no parking), and public (long bus rides, constant traffic jams).

All the while, Ramat Gan already had a small successful business center started beforehand by a diamond entrepreneur, with great transportation (Jabotinsky and Ayalon main roads + railway) and it was only natural to build and expand on it while the already-crowded Tel Aviv was trying to decide what area to develop next. Because Tel Aviv has so little open area, it's very difficult to plan an entire new neighborhood, while in Ramat Gan it was simpler and the municipality was generous in granting building permits for tall towers in the area.

Despite this, Tel Aviv is starting to develop an area near the Ramat Gan diamond exchange called TLV2000/TLV Loop, which will feature a tower possibly taller than Ramat Gan's 244 m Moshe Aviv/City Gate tower. Again, the main basis here is transportation, and the idea is to develop an area easily accessible to all forms of transport.

Comment

welcome
                  [B][COLOR="Red"]Tel Aviv:[/COLOR]
                  [COLOR="Blue"]94 approved
                  48 proposed
                  37 under construction [/COLOR][/B]

Comment

hi
                    [B][COLOR="Red"]Tel Aviv:[/COLOR]
                    [COLOR="Blue"]94 approved
                    48 proposed
                    37 under construction [/COLOR][/B]