Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 5 of 20

Thread: ILIGAN: Land of Waterfalls

  1. #1
    jhaelsin's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    333
    Liked
    0 times
    Rep Power
    8

    Default ILIGAN: Land of Waterfalls

    WELCOME



    Rediscovering Iligan City

    c/o SSC Forumers

  2.   
     
  3. #2
    jhaelsin's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    333
    Liked
    0 times
    Rep Power
    8

    Default



    Tinago Resort Rises Again

    The Tinago Mountain Resort is back in operation. It is now run by the city government under lease from the new owner, Land Bank of the Philippines. City Council Tourism and Beautification Committee Chair Moises Dalisay, Jr. has penned the resolution on the collection of charges from resort visitors to help cover maintenance and operation expenses.

    The city government is paying P10,000 monthly for the lease of the Landbank-acquired property. Specific rates will be P10 for the entrance fee, P40 for the use of chairs and tables, and P10 for the swimming pool. The city has already collected P15,000 to P20,000 a month from the current entrance fee imposed by the city government on those who visit Tinago Mountain Resort. The Tinago falls is 240-feet high. Its cold waters cascade beautifully into a deep and calm basin-like pool which appears like a blue-colored lagoon. It’s located in Ditucalan, some 13 kms. from the city proper. The trip takes all of 40 minutes to reach by car on an uphill climb through rugged and winding mountain roads.

    c/o Alingatong

  4. #3
    jhaelsin's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    333
    Liked
    0 times
    Rep Power
    8

    Default



    Iligan celebrates fiesta

    Iligan City celebrated its fiesta with a month-long frenzy of festivities last Sept. 29. Held yearly in honor of its patron saint, St. Michael the Archangel, the festivities included an agro-fair, musical and cultural shows, and sport contests. Among the highlights were Kasadya street dancing, farmers bazaar, Miss Iligan beauty pageant, civic & military parade, solemn procession, dyandi & eskrima, street party, and fireworks. Hala bira! Viva San Miguel!

  5. #4
    jhaelsin's Avatar
    Senior Member

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    333
    Liked
    0 times
    Rep Power
    8

    Default



    At a glance, you would think this is a scene from a lake in the U.S.A. If so, you're fantasizing too far. It's right in Iligan City. This beautiful lagoon belongs to the Mabuhay Vinyl Corporation (MVC). It is located on top of a hill within the Mabuhay Vinyl Corporation plant site in Fuentes, Iligan. The small park rimming the lagoon offers a vista of color and life.

  6. #5
    NORTHERN MINDANAO

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Iligan City
    Posts
    22
    Liked
    0 times
    Rep Power
    0

    Default


    Photo by Alingatong

    Geography

    Iligan City is bounded on the south by the municipalities of Balo-I and Linamon of Lanao del Norte; on the north by the municipality of Lugait, Misamis Oriental; on the east by the territories of Lanao del Sur and Bukidnon; and on the west by Iligan Bay.

    Political Subdivision

    Iligan City has 44 barangays with a total land area of 81,337 hectares.

    Climate

    Iligan City belongs to the C type climate (short, low, sun dry season one to three months with less than 74 mm. of rainfall from strong weather disturbances). Average annual temperature is 21.68° Celsius.

    Population

    There are 285,061 (as of year 2000) Iliganos, with an annual growth rate of 0.93 %. 25.60% (72,969) is urban and 74.40% (212,092) is rural. Iliganons are a mixture of the Muslim and Cebuano stocks with Tagalogs and some other cultural minority groups and immigrants from other places.

    Language / Dialect

    Cebuano, the major dialect in the city, is reported as the mother tongue of 94% of the population. The remaining 6% speak Tagalog, Maranao, Ilonggo, Ilocano, and Waray-Waray.
    Last edited by g0Rs; 5th July 2007 at 21:33.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SkyScraperLife.Com © 2006-2013

World Building Database

Download: Fast, Fun, Awesome - Web Stats